*** REMEMBER THIS EASTER THAT CHOCOLATE AND OTHER EASTER TREATS CAN BE HARMFUL TO DOGS ***
Chocolate contains a substance called theobromine, which is extremely harmful to dogs as they struggle to metabolise it, so it builds up in their bodies to toxic levels.
If a dog is suffering from chocolate poisoning, the symptoms they may display may include hyperactivity, vomiting, diarrhoea and fits.
The first two hours after your dog has eaten chocolate can be vital for your pet’s recovery, so if your pet has eaten any chocolate or similar treats containing cocoa, it’s essential to call a vet immediately. The sooner your dog is seen and treated the better.
* Raisins, grapes, sultanas and currants can cause kidney failure in dogs. So keep an eye on your hot cross buns
* Some plants and bulbs, e.g daffodils are also toxic to dogs if eaten.
The gorgeous Easter Bunnyberger is Memphis